As a Turkish born German who has lived in London since 2010 I understand the internal and external pressures related to gender, identity, culture and religion.
Growing up on the edge of two opposing cultures left me often wondering where I belonged. I am aware of the challenges a diverse background may has for families, relationships and work environments. This awareness shapes my work as a psychotherapist and I offer a nonjudgmental and accepting space for exploration.
With more than 15 years experience as a researcher, facilitator and creative collaborator I found myself drawn to the relational challenges we face.
My own personal experience of being able to change and grow, and the joy of seeing others change and grow prompted my interest in psychotherapy and counselling.
My ongoing psychological training enables me to support clients effectively. I draw from a wide set of tools to design each engagement based on client needs and preferences. I am experienced with short-term and long-term psychotherapy and worked for various services including the NHS.
Former academic qualifications include:
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, London
- MA Digital Arts – University of the Arts, London
Former post-graduate qualifications include:
- Part 1 EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training – EMDR Academy, London
- Clinical Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy – Metanoia, London
- Post-Graduate Diploma Contemporary Trauma Practice – Relational Change, Oxford
- Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Metanoia, London
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching – AoEC, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling – Gestalt Centre, London
- Foundation in Performance/Acting – Arts Ed, London