As a naturalised Brit with a German/Turkish heritage I understand the internal and external pressures related to gender, identity, culture and religion.
Growing up on the edges of opposing cultures left me often wondering where I belonged. I am aware of the challenges a diverse background may has for families, relationships and work environments. This awareness shapes my work as a psychotherapist and I offer a nonjudgmental and accepting space for exploration.
With more than 15 years experience as a researcher, facilitator and creative collaborator, I found myself drawn to the relational challenges we face. My own personal experience of being able to change and grow, and the joy of seeing others change and grow prompted my interest in psychotherapy and counselling.
My training enables me to support clients effectively. I draw from a wide set of tools to design each engagement based on client needs and preferences. I am experienced with short-term counselling and long-term psychotherapy and worked for various services including the NHS.
I am accredited as a Clinical Gestalt Psychotherapist by the UK Council for Psychotherapy and comply with their code of ethics and professional practice. I am also a member of the EMDR Association for UK & Ireland.
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, London
- Clinical Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy – Metanoia, London
- Post-Graduate Diploma Contemporary Trauma Practice – Relational Change, Oxford
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Metanoia, London
- MA Digital Arts – University of the Arts, London
Continuous Professional Development:
- Part 1, 2 & 3 (ongoing) EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training – EMDR Academy, Roehampton/Online
- Couples Counselling / Attachment (ongoing) – PESI UK
- Gender, Sex & Relationship Diversity (ongoing) – Pink Therapy, UK
- Delivering Psychotherapy & EMDR Online – EMDR Academy, EMDR Association & Online Therapy Institute
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching – AoEC, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling – Gestalt Centre, London
- Foundation in Performance/Acting – Arts Ed, London