Taking the first step and reaching out for help can be difficult. It is normal to feel uncertain and worry about finding the right therapist, with whom you may go on to share some deeply personal experiences.
In my private practice I work with many aspects of human experience, like difficulties relating, loss, bereavement, depression and anxiety. My aim is to create a safe and accepting space for exploration. My approach to therapy is based on gestalt psychotherapy, mindfulness, trauma informed psychotherapy and eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (known as EMDR). Change often happens naturally and effortlessly when we find ways to accept ourselves as we are.
If you are going through a difficult time I suggest you contact me via email or phone and we arrange a free first telephone consultation to discuss whether I can help you. We can then arrange the first remote session after that. Psychotherapy and EMDR is most effective in frequent arrangements (e.g. weekly for psychotherapy / several times a week for EMDR).
A growing evidence base confirms the gestalt approach to therapy is effective with trauma, stress, depression and anxiety, as well as improving interpersonal relationships. Due to its evidence base EMDR is recommended for the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) (see 1.6.18).
Areas of psychotherapy & counselling I deal with:
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Therapies I offer:
- My psychotherapy training is grounded gestalt psychotherapy, which is an integrative approach. This means, I draw from other modalities to meet my client’s personal preferences.
- I attended extensive additional training in the treatment of trauma. One approach that is highly effective and recommended by NICE is EMDR
- I work from a trauma informed approach which means I utilise neuroscience and mindfulness in my practice. This is in particular helpful for the treatment of trauma, stress & PTSD.
- Many clients who work with me also experience challenges around who they are and who they love. This falls under the umbrella of gender, sex and relationship diversity.
- I also speak Turkish and German. Mehr Informationen zu Psychotherapie auf deutsch.
- And finally, all sessions are conducted remotely until further notice.